LDAP state

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by gregory_regan@hotmail.com, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I am very new to dotnet asp programming and am feeling my way around
    various ldap queries and appear to have reached a brick wall - perhaps
    someone would be kind enough to help.

    In a nutshell I need to verify that my logged on users have a
    connection to Active Directory and the connection state.

    I am using the System.DirectoryServices namespace to achieve my
    connection and everything I have tried works really well provided that
    I have a connection, however, there are instances where my user base
    will not be able to connect to AD and as such I need to error trap the
    connection state.

    I know that it is possible to do this, for instance, with a SQL
    database

    Dim connection As New
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("dbConnectionString")
    connection .Open()
    Dim ConnectionState = connection .State()

    Anyone know how to do the equivalent with System.DirectoryServices

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

    , Apr 26, 2006