Learning C++

MisC

I am learning the C++ in college (online class) and would like some help.
Would this be a good newsgroup to post questions? I am also new to
newsgroups and do not have a lot of experience with them, so forgive me if I
am a total n00b here.

MisC

Jason

This is the right place.

Before you post make sure you attempt to solve your questions first. No
one likes to get stuck doing someone else's homework. There's also a
FAQ around here somewhere. You might want to check that out.

-Jason

Oh, yeah. It's proper newsgroup etiquette to post your text under the
previous text in a thread. Some folks get awfully upset when they see
"top-posting."

Victor Bazarov

MisC said:
I am learning the C++ in college (online class) and would like some
help. Would this be a good newsgroup to post questions? I am also
new to newsgroups and do not have a lot of experience with them, so
forgive me if I am a total n00b here.

Find and read the "Welcome to comp.lang.c++!" message, and then read
all other suggested sources. If you can't find it on your news server,
use http://groups.google.com/ and search for it.

Alan Brown

I am learning the C++ in college (online class) and would like some
help. Would this be a good newsgroup to post questions? I am also new
to newsgroups and do not have a lot of experience with them, so
forgive me if I am a total n00b here.

MisC

If you need help with newsgroups try news.newusers.questions and ask there.

And... beware of Pop Tosters!!!

Alan

Default User

Jason said:
Oh, yeah. It's proper newsgroup etiquette to post your text under the
previous text in a thread. Some folks get awfully upset when they see
"top-posting."

It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote a relevant portion of the
original post. Some folks get awfully upset when they see replies with
no context.

Brian

Ioannis Vranos

MisC said:
I am learning the C++ in college (online class) and would like some help.
Would this be a good newsgroup to post questions?

Yes. But keep in mind that people in here strive for technical accuracy, and some times
newcomers get upset from time to time.

Feel free to ask C++ questions.

Jason

Default said:
It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote a relevant portion of the
original post. Some folks get awfully upset when they see replies with
no context.

Brian

I blame it on Google. ;P

Jon Bell

It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote a relevant portion of the
original post. Some folks get awfully upset when they see replies with
no context.

It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote *only* the directly relevant
portion of the original post. That is, "snip" everything that isn't
directly relevant to your response. Some folks get awfully upset when
they have to scroll through pages and pages of irrelevant quoted material
to get to your stuff.

Ioannis Vranos

Jon said:
It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote *only* the directly relevant
portion of the original post. That is, "snip" everything that isn't
directly relevant to your response. Some folks get awfully upset when
they have to scroll through pages and pages of irrelevant quoted material
to get to your stuff.

OK, you can all stop now. I think that he has left. :)

Pelle Beckman

Jon Bell skrev:
It's also proper newsgroup etiquette to quote *only* the directly relevant
portion of the original post. That is, "snip" everything that isn't
directly relevant to your response. Some folks get awfully upset when
they have to scroll through pages and pages of irrelevant quoted material
to get to your stuff.

And some people get awfully upset when the see the huge amount of
spare time some people must have.