    http://www.designnetsite.com

    Thanks for your time
    Larry
    Larry Webb, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Larry Webb

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:Z%0zb.162027$>
    Larry Webb said:

    > I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
    > trouble making the borders expand

    the content doesn't fit within the sizes you've specified for the
    containing element so it overflows. its supposed to.

    > on a couple of the pages for the web
    > site below. Any help would be appreciated.
    > http://www.designnetsite.com

    dump all the fixed sizes. redesign so your pages automatically adjust
    and reflow depending on circumstance.

    --
    brucie
    03/December/2003 12:10:18 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Larry Webb

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Larry Webb <> wrote:

    >I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
    >trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for the web
    >site below. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >http://www.designnetsite.com

    Looks the same in IE6, Opera 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
    What's the exact problem? In which browsers does it look right and in
    which version of Mozilla does it long wrong?

    It would also be a good idea to fix the errors before asking for help
    in a public newsgroup:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.designnetsite.com/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...www.designnetsite.com/&warning=1&profile=css2

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Dec 2, 2003
  4. William Tasso, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Larry Webb

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Larry Webb

    Steve Pugh Guest

    brucie <> wrote:
    >in post <news:>
    >Steve Pugh said:
    >
    >>>http://www.designnetsite.com

    >> Looks the same in IE6, Opera 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
    >> What's the exact problem? In which browsers does it look right and in
    >> which version of Mozilla does it long wrong?

    >have a look at the testimonials page

    Ah, the old "don't post the URL that actually shows the problem"
    trick. Curses fooled again.

    Steve Pugh, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Larry Webb

    Larry Webb Guest

    Larry Webb wrote:
    > I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
    > trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for the web
    > site below. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > http://www.designnetsite.com
    >
    > Thanks for your time
    > Larry

    Thanks for the help, I'm sorry I didn't do a direct link to the problem
    pages. I've done a quick temp fix with the height setting, now I'll have
    to learn how to make the borders adjust to the text.

    Larry
    Larry Webb, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Quoth the raven named Larry Webb:

    > Larry Webb wrote:
    >
    >> I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
    >> trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for
    >> the web site below. Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> http://www.designnetsite.com

    > Thanks for the help, I'm sorry I didn't do a direct link to the
    > problem pages. I've done a quick temp fix with the height setting,
    > now I'll have to learn how to make the borders adjust to the text.

    The testimonials sites are your work?

    This one is interesting.
    http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http://www.caldwellgallery.com/
    <g>