Learning CSS but Mozilla is biting me

Larry Webb

I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for the web
site below. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.designnetsite.com

Thanks for your time
Larry

brucie

I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
trouble making the borders expand

the content doesn't fit within the sizes you've specified for the
containing element so it overflows. its supposed to.
on a couple of the pages for the web
site below. Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.designnetsite.com

dump all the fixed sizes. redesign so your pages automatically adjust
and reflow depending on circumstance.

Steve Pugh

Larry Webb said:
I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for the web
site below. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.designnetsite.com

Looks the same in IE6, Opera 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
What's the exact problem? In which browsers does it look right and in
which version of Mozilla does it long wrong?

It would also be a good idea to fix the errors before asking for help
in a public newsgroup:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.designnetsite.com/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...www.designnetsite.com/&warning=1&profile=css2

Steve

Steve Pugh

brucie said:
have a look at the testimonials page

Ah, the old "don't post the URL that actually shows the problem"
trick. Curses fooled again.

Steve

Larry Webb

Larry said:
I'm a Netscape and now Mozilla user for many years but I'm having
trouble making the borders expand on a couple of the pages for the web
site below. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.designnetsite.com

Thanks for your time
Larry

Thanks for the help, I'm sorry I didn't do a direct link to the problem
pages. I've done a quick temp fix with the height setting, now I'll have
to learn how to make the borders adjust to the text.

Larry