learning design.

JoeC

I have written some large game programs. I would like to create
programs that are more complex and interesting. That is I would like
to learn better program design. I can link to the the games I have
written:

http://www.games.siten.nl/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,6/

Any thing by creaney2

I am self taught and I would like to have better design and write
better programs. I would like to learn how to do that. I know that
there are books on the subject but often they use small programs that
don't do much and don't show how to manage complexity. I do my best
to use objects and abstractions. I would like to learn how to do that
better. What are things I can do in programs to take advantage of OO
programming and create modular blocks that I can build complex
programs?

Alf P. Steinbach

[...]

Mostly, apply intelligence.

Intelligence cannot currently be codified by rules.

However, you can study design patterns, and that may help, because the
more you know about, the easier it is to see that some technique or
solution might be applicable somewhere.

JoeC

* JoeC:

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

I have written large programs and some games and I have some
experience. I would like to learn how to write programs better. I
would like to get some ideas how to better implement OO concepts. I
have seen some small programs and I understand the basic idea but It
would be good to see how I can use those concepts in larger programs
or how I can written my programs better.