Learning Perl - resources and ideas

AnOvercomer02

Hi. What is the best way to learn Perl? None of the local schools near
me teach any courses on the topic. Thanks.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Hi. What is the best way to learn Perl?

First you'd better learn how to behave on Usenet. The subject is totally
off topic in the groups rec.photo.digital and rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which you had stated in a Followup-To: header, and those groups are
neither your personal home groups on Usenet.

As regards Perl, see

http://learn.perl.org/

Zebee Johnstone

In comp.lang.perl.misc on 8 Feb 2005 01:46:14 -0800
Hi. What is the best way to learn Perl? None of the local schools near
me teach any courses on the topic. Thanks.

Hmmm....

I think not.

Zebee

Tad McClellan

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
(e-mail address removed) (Cody Houston) wrote:

The subject is totally
off topic in the groups rec.photo.digital and rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which you had stated in a Followup-To: header,

Off to the killfile he goes...

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Tad said:
Off to the killfile he goes...

Rash measure in this case. I just received a credible email from Cody,
who let me know that the original message in this thread was posted by a
troll who had faked the "From:" header.

Sherm Pendley

Gunnar said:
Rash measure in this case. I just received a credible email from Cody,
who let me know that the original message in this thread was posted by a
troll who had faked the "From:" header.

Yup. There was another message a few days ago with a similar question and
the same followup groups, but a different "From:" address. I'd say someone
has an axe to grind.

sherm--