Legality of void main in C

Richard Bos

You go, girl! This is SUCH a big issue with me. Some people just
don't get it; not everything is a nail, and sometimes "int main" is
just not the right tool for the job. This is an issue of colossal
importance, and we're damn lucky to have you here to fuel the debate.
My hat's off to you, sir!

Next up, gay marriage...

Han, piss off. This is beneath even you.

Richard

Keith Thompson

Tor Rustad said:
I wonder how many hits a google for "void main" here would give?

173.

I think that's the number of threads, but it seems low. The earliest
shown is from 1994.

Moi

I did not count by threads, but this google search of usenet news groups
gave 306,000 hits:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q=void
+main&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_drrb=b&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2009&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off

IIRC, ACL had a .sig line like:

"You cannot use void main(). I have a patent on it!"

;-)
AvK