Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

ctk70

I receive the following error when I try to run this asp.net 1.1 app:

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less
than zero. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length]
System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172
PPL.ESPA.WebSecurity.BaseWebSecurity..ctor(String userName) +71
PPL.ESPA.WebSecurity.EspWebSecurity..ctor(String userName) +5
PPL.ESPA.WebUI.BasePage.get_EspWebSecurity() +142
PPL.ESPA.WebUI.BasePage.AuthorizeUser(String[] authorizedRoles) +18
PPL.ESPA.WebUI.BasePage.PageLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +65
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

This works fine on my Windows 2000 SP4 server, but not on my Windows 2003
server.

Any idea why User.Identity.Name returns nothing on the Windows 2003 server?

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Do you have anonymous disabled in IIS and have Windows set for
authentication mode in ASP.NET?

Joe K.

ctk70

That was it. Thanks!

PS: I wish the error message was a little more indicative of the problem.

ctk70 said:
I receive the following error when I try to run this asp.net 1.1 app:

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length
about

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be
less
than zero. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can