lex

fed

I need to do a lot of string parsing before I can do the real work in
a program. Someone mentioned lex, but I can't seem to find a decent
tutorial. Anyone have any good sites? Thanks.

Dave Vandervies

I need to do a lot of string parsing before I can do the real work in
a program. Someone mentioned lex, but I can't seem to find a decent
tutorial. Anyone have any good sites? Thanks.

Lex is not defined by the C programming language, and is therefore beyond
the scope of comp.lang.c.

It might be worth checking the comp.compilers FAQ. Even though it isn't
unix-specific, the people in comp.unix.programmer might also be able to
offer some advice.

dave