libraries options not split in setup.cfg

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alexandre Guimond, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. Hi. I just noticed that the "libraries" options under the [build_ext]
    section in setup.cfg doesn't seem to get expanded. In particular, in
    distutils.command.build_ext.py of python 2.4. (line147):

    if type(self.libraries) is StringType:
    self.libraries = [self.libraries]

    though library_dirs for example gets split on ';' (line 156)

    elif type(self.library_dirs) is StringType:
    self.library_dirs = string.split(self.library_dirs,
    os.pathsep)

    is this a bug or am i using the "libraries" option in a wrong way in my
    setup.cfg

    libraries = libgsl;libgslcblas

    (btw, the above gets expanded on windows to "libgsl;libgslcblas.lib" on
    the cmdline (not splitting on the ';' character).

    thx for any help.

    Alexandre Guimond, Oct 19, 2006