libxml-perl-0.07 and perl5.8.0 - fails test

dj

Hi,
Does anyone know if libxml-perl works with perl 5.8.0. I read something in
the xml-perl archive that suggested that there may be a problem with this,
but it was a rather old message. I am trying to get XML::Grove to work, but
of course it needs libxml-perl. Has anyone come accross this problem?

during the make test, libxml-perl fails at t/stream (test 11) every other
test is fine except this one.

Any help would be greately appreciated,

Drew J

James Willmore

during the make test, libxml-perl fails at t/stream (test 11) every
other test is fine except this one.

Does it say why it fails? Have you read the README for the module?

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
Garbage In -- Gospel Out.

dj

Hi,

Yes, I have read the README: not much there.

The fail does not give any specific information about why the failure
occurs, except that it is test 11 of 11 in t/stream.t
I tried running 'perl t/stream.t' and it gave even less info: Not OK!
I don't have the source code in front of me at the moment, but to be honest
I didnt really make much sense of it :(
The mailing archive I read suggested that it _may_ have been something to
with Unicode compatability, but as I mentioned, I only found a single
reference to this.

I have been wrestling with this for a while: all I really want to do is put
the text content from an xml file into an easily readable data structure.
Am I going about this the wrong way?

regards,

Drew

James Willmore

The fail does not give any specific information about why the
failure occurs, except that it is test 11 of 11 in t/stream.t
I tried running 'perl t/stream.t' and it gave even less info: Not
OK! I don't have the source code in front of me at the moment, but
to be honest I didnt really make much sense of it :(
The mailing archive I read suggested that it _may_ have been
something to with Unicode compatability, but as I mentioned, I only
found a single reference to this.

I have been wrestling with this for a while: all I really want to
do is put the text content from an xml file into an easily readable
data structure. Am I going about this the wrong way?

Are you building using CPAN or by hand? Try it by hand (perl
Makefile.PL;make;make test;make install). This may shed _some_ light
on what's going on.

If you've done this already, you could email the author.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one
<of them is a match. -- Will Rogers

dj

Yep, was doing by hand.
No light :(

I don't have time to muck around with, so have moved on to using
XML::LibXSLT to extract the bits i want. Not terribly efficient I am sure,
but when you are pressed for time, it is amazing what you can put up with :)

Thanks for trying.

Drew