    test is fine except this one.

    Any help would be greately appreciated,

    Drew J
    dj, Sep 6, 2003

  2. On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:42:32 GMT
    "dj" <> wrote:
    > during the make test, libxml-perl fails at t/stream (test 11) every
    > other test is fine except this one.

    Does it say why it fails? Have you read the README for the module?

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    Garbage In -- Gospel Out.
    James Willmore, Sep 6, 2003

  3. dj

    dj Guest

    Hi,

    Yes, I have read the README: not much there.

    The fail does not give any specific information about why the failure
    occurs, except that it is test 11 of 11 in t/stream.t
    I tried running 'perl t/stream.t' and it gave even less info: Not OK!
    I don't have the source code in front of me at the moment, but to be honest
    I didnt really make much sense of it :(
    The mailing archive I read suggested that it _may_ have been something to
    with Unicode compatability, but as I mentioned, I only found a single
    reference to this.

    I have been wrestling with this for a while: all I really want to do is put
    the text content from an xml file into an easily readable data structure.
    Am I going about this the wrong way?

    regards,

    Drew

    dj, Sep 6, 2003
  4. On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:34:08 +1000
    "dj" <> wrote:
    > The fail does not give any specific information about why the
    > failure occurs, except that it is test 11 of 11 in t/stream.t
    > I tried running 'perl t/stream.t' and it gave even less info: Not
    > OK! I don't have the source code in front of me at the moment, but
    > to be honest I didnt really make much sense of it :(
    > The mailing archive I read suggested that it _may_ have been
    > something to with Unicode compatability, but as I mentioned, I only
    > found a single reference to this.
    >
    > I have been wrestling with this for a while: all I really want to
    > do is put the text content from an xml file into an easily readable
    > data structure. Am I going about this the wrong way?

    Are you building using CPAN or by hand? Try it by hand (perl
    Makefile.PL;make;make test;make install). This may shed _some_ light
    on what's going on.

    If you've done this already, you could email the author.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one
    <of them is a match. -- Will Rogers
    James Willmore, Sep 7, 2003
  5. dj

    dj Guest

    Yep, was doing by hand.
    No light :(

    I don't have time to muck around with, so have moved on to using
    XML::LibXSLT to extract the bits i want. Not terribly efficient I am sure,
    but when you are pressed for time, it is amazing what you can put up with :)

    Thanks for trying.

    dj, Sep 8, 2003