Licence ASP.NET web application?

Arjen

Hello,

I have made an ASP.NET web application.

Is there a way to create something that the ASP.NET web application only
works till a given date.
If it is the given date the ASP.NET web application may not work any more.
This must be placed in the *.dll file so nobody can use it any more.

How can I do this?
Can you give me some examples?

Thanks!

Frank Drebin

Since the code can be decompiled, you are probably limited. Because anything
you write, can be figured out and worked around..

MS News \(MS ILM\)

If you use the add on obfuscator
then you can make it more difficult but not the final solution

Kevin Swarts

There is an attribute for licensing, however you have to extend this.
System.ComponentModel.LicenseProviderAttribute

Then in the constrictor you start the licensing.

If you do make your own, try to use an NTP server to authenticate your date.
That way they can't mess with their clock.

Kevin Swarts
nAlliance Corporation - Home of nGen 2.0
http://www.nAlliance.com
(e-mail address removed)

MS News \(MS ILM\)

NTP-
Kevin,
The user has to be connected to the NTP server?
What happens if not connected?
Ho do you disable a software perminently? after expiration date.
user can change time.

Kevin Swarts

You need to build in some sort of tolerence. But I would recommend requiring
them be connected to the net at some point. There really is no 100% way to
validate that the program has expired. Possibly you can use some sort of
encryption, and store it in the registry, or some other physical location.

The reason I like the NTP server is that the time can never be wrong, and
people should always be connected to the net anyways. Without the net, how
can you survive?