Lightbox 2.04 only shows a white box with a loading icon - pleasehelp

moso97ad

Hello,

I have implemented Lightbox 2.04 to show some images in a gallery on
http://www.kamillaruus.dk/galleri. I have tested the website on a
Windows Vista computer in IE 8 and FF 3.0.14, when I click on a
thumbnail I only get a white box with a loading icon. No matter how
long I sit in front of the computer the image will not show up. The
big images have a filesize between 60 kb and 100 kb.

Anyone got a solution for me? I have also tested Slimbox but get the
same white box with a loading icon.

Best regards
Morten

Gregor Kofler

moso97ad meinte:

Erm...

prototype.js - 4221 rows.
effects.js - 1122 rows.
lightbox.js - 497 rows.

Plus a few more smaller scripts thrown in for good measure.
I suggest you rather stick to "forums" focusing on one or some of the
afforementioned libraries.

But thanks for providing an example illustrating the shortcomings of
such libraries and your approach making them work.

Gregor

moso97ad

Your images are not reachable, either you forgot to upload them
or the permission are wrong, or your webserver is configured, or
it's one of a million different other reasons. It's defnitely _not_
a Javascript problem, just try accessing a single image by the
path you give in the href and you get
Not Found
The requested URL /images/fear_city.jpg was not found on this server.

I have found the error. It was the title of the pictures. I forgot
about small and big letters in the picture name. Fx. should /images/
fear_city.jpg be named /images/Fear_City.jpg.
If you want to develop in javascript you should use a tool that aids
in you debugging like e.g. firebug, where you can not only see js
errors but also see what data is sent and received over the net. In
your case you would have instantly noticed that there is an unsuccess-
ful request for the image.

-Chris

Thanks for the advice.

Best regards