    would cause this to happen? i.e. leave something hanging so that the
    browser doesnt think its done loading?

    thanks, d

    dan baker, Oct 15, 2003

  2. dan baker

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I have a couple page where even after they are done loading, the
    > status message gets stuck with "Transferring data from <host>...
    >
    > Are there some typical syntax errors in either javascript of html that
    > would cause this to happen? i.e. leave something hanging so that the
    > browser doesnt think its done loading?

    I've had gifs and other image refreshing scripts cause this (Flash,
    rollovers, etc).

    This may be a browser-dependent thing, but I believe if the server
    doesn't send a terminating message (it's busy, got cut off, etc), the
    browser keeps that message in the status bar.

    ~kaeli~
    Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
    thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Oct 15, 2003

  3. dan baker

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:31:40 +0000, dan baker wrote:

    > I have a couple page where even after they are done loading, the status
    > message gets stuck with "Transferring data from <host>...
    >
    > Are there some typical syntax errors in either javascript of html that
    > would cause this to happen? i.e. leave something hanging so that the
    > browser doesnt think its done loading?
    >
    > thanks, d

    This can happen if you have an incomplete block element ex:
    <TABLE><TR><TD>some text</TR></TABLE>

    --
    i.m.

    Ivan Marsh, Oct 15, 2003
  4. dan baker

    dan baker Guest

    "Ivan Marsh" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:31:40 +0000, dan baker wrote:
    >
    > > I have a couple page where even after they are done loading, the status
    > > message gets stuck with "Transferring data from <host>...
    > >
    > > Are there some typical syntax errors in either javascript of html that
    > > would cause this to happen? i.e. leave something hanging so that the
    > > browser doesnt think its done loading?
    > >
    > > thanks, d

    > This can happen if you have an incomplete block element ex:
    > <TABLE><TR><TD>some text</TR></TABLE>

    thanks, I'll bet that's it... this page has a couple nested tables
    with the source editted by hand. I'll go thru it more carefully!

    dan baker, Oct 16, 2003