Limiting a file browser to certain application-content types

Doug

I have found plenty of examples of how to test for content type after
the user has clicked "Browse" when implementing the "File" object on an
ASPx page.

But I would like to limit the dropdown itself in the "Choose file"
dialog. The "Files of Type" dropdown always has "All Files (*.*),
Pictures (*.gif, *.jpg), HMTL (*.htm, *.html)" and nothing I do changes
that.

Thought it would be changing the aspx file to read something like this:

<INPUT id="File1" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 8px; WIDTH: 536px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 45px; HEIGHT: 22px" type="file" size="70"
name="File1" accept="application/*" runat="server">

I added the 'accept="application/*" ' part.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Guest

Doug,
In Internet Explorer, the <INPUT TYPE="FILE" HTML control offers some of the
built-in behaviors, such as browsing to a folder list, but it does not offer
a way to set file-extension filters as does the Windows version.
Peter

Doug

Thank you both. I guess I was reading Windows documentation instead of
web browser/IE docs. Seems like it would be a good thing to include.