linear algebra extensions (similar to PDL) in Ruby?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jose Quesada, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Jose Quesada

    Jose Quesada Guest

    Hi All,

    Is there any extension for ruby to handle vectors and matrices without
    having to loop through arrays? I'm thinking on something similar to Perl
    Data Language (PDL):

    http://pdl.perl.org/

    Thanks,
    -Jose

    --
    Jose Quesada, PhD.

    Research associate
    http://lsa.colorado.edu/~quesadaj Institute of Cognitive Science
    University of Colorado (Boulder)

    Muenzinger psychology building Phone:303 492 1522
    office D447A Fax: 303 492 7177
    Campus Box 344
    University of Colorado at Boulder
    Boulder, CO 80309-0344
    Jose Quesada, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Jose Quesada wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there any extension for ruby to handle vectors and matrices without
    > having to loop through arrays? I'm thinking on something similar to Perl
    > Data Language (PDL):
    >
    > http://pdl.perl.org/

    There's narray, which you can find on RAA. I don't know enough about PDL
    (or NumPy, another obvious thing to compare) to know if it has
    everything PDL does, but it's got multidim. arrays of int/float/object,
    the usual math operators, iteration methods, some statistics, equation
    solving.
    Joel VanderWerf, Sep 20, 2003