linear algebra extensions (similar to PDL) in Ruby?

Jose Quesada

Hi All,

Is there any extension for ruby to handle vectors and matrices without
having to loop through arrays? I'm thinking on something similar to Perl
Data Language (PDL):

http://pdl.perl.org/

Thanks,
-Jose

--
Jose Quesada, PhD.

(e-mail address removed) Research associate
http://lsa.colorado.edu/~quesadaj Institute of Cognitive Science
University of Colorado (Boulder)

Muenzinger psychology building Phone:303 492 1522
office D447A Fax: 303 492 7177
Campus Box 344
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0344

Joel VanderWerf

Jose said:
Hi All,

Is there any extension for ruby to handle vectors and matrices without
having to loop through arrays? I'm thinking on something similar to Perl
Data Language (PDL):

http://pdl.perl.org/

There's narray, which you can find on RAA. I don't know enough about PDL
(or NumPy, another obvious thing to compare) to know if it has
everything PDL does, but it's got multidim. arrays of int/float/object,
the usual math operators, iteration methods, some statistics, equation
solving.