LinkedList

Discussion in 'C++' started by dan, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. dan

    dan Guest

    Hello,
    I can't seem to find the error when compiling in VS.net 7.1.

    I get these errors in the main() cpp file.
    LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'CIntList' : undeclared
    identifier
    LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'list' : undeclared identifier
    LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2182: 'DisplayListNodes' : illegal
    use of type 'void'
    LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): fatal error C1903: unable to recover from
    previous error(s); stopping compilation

    The error is in the prototype declaration of a function. I've checked
    and rechecked my spelling, preprocessor directives, file names all day
    and can't seem to find the problem.

    The 8 cpp and header files can be found here:
    http://www.minedesigngroup.com/LinkedListTut.zip

    Can someone in the spirit of the holidays take a look and show me what
    I've done wrong?

    Happy Holidays!!!
    Daniel

    NEWB
    dan, Dec 28, 2003

  2. "dan" <> wrote...
    > I can't seem to find the error when compiling in VS.net 7.1.
    >
    > I get these errors in the main() cpp file.
    > LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'CIntList' : undeclared
    > identifier
    > LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'list' : undeclared identifier
    > LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2182: 'DisplayListNodes' : illegal
    > use of type 'void'
    > LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): fatal error C1903: unable to recover from
    > previous error(s); stopping compilation
    >
    > The error is in the prototype declaration of a function. I've checked
    > and rechecked my spelling, preprocessor directives, file names all day
    > and can't seem to find the problem.
    >
    > The 8 cpp and header files can be found here:
    > http://www.minedesigngroup.com/LinkedListTut.zip
    >
    > Can someone in the spirit of the holidays take a look and show me what
    > I've done wrong?

    Several things that I care to comment on.

    (a) Don't expect people to follow links to open your source files.
    Condense your code down to the bare minimum that reproduces the
    error and post it in your message (and NOT as an attachment)

    (b) Microsoft-specific code is discussed in Microsoft newsgroups (see
    forums that start with "microsoft.public.vc.") Otherwise, #using,
    "_tmain", "stdafx.h" are all OFF-TOPIC here.

    (c) AFAIK, "stdafx.h" has to be the _very_first_ header you include
    in a translation unit. Any other preprocessor directives before
    it are simply _ignored_. I think that should take care of your
    problem.

    Please next time start by reading the FAQ.

    Victor
    Victor Bazarov, Dec 28, 2003