    programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from? Is
    it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint or
    Splint but no lint.
    Sathyaish, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Splint is a good version of lint, but it's overly anal. If you want it
    for free then Splint is probably your best bet.
    James Daughtry, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Sathyaish

    Sathyaish Guest

    Thank you.
    Sathyaish, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Sathyaish

    CBFalconer Guest

    Sathyaish wrote:

    > I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
    > programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from?
    > Is it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint
    > or Splint but no lint.

    Lint you can buy, look for PCLINT. It will cost about $200 or so
    for Windoze machinery. For Unixen it is more like $1000 in
    shrouded source form. Splint should show up fairly easily on a
    search, and is available free. Splint doesn't handle C++. PCLint
    does.

    CBFalconer, Jul 11, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    Sathyaish <> wrote:
    > I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
    > programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from? Is
    > it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint or
    > Splint but no lint.

    The C FAQ addresses this issue to some degree:

    However, some of the particulars are out of date.
    --
    7842++
    Anonymous 7843, Jul 12, 2005