lint

Sathyaish

I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from? Is
it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint or
Splint but no lint.

James Daughtry

Splint is a good version of lint, but it's overly anal. If you want it
for free then Splint is probably your best bet.

CBFalconer

Sathyaish said:
I just re-read about lint as a passing reference in a general
programming article. I am curious. Where can I download lint from?
Is it downloadable for free? I googled but got some link to SLint
or Splint but no lint.

Lint you can buy, look for PCLINT. It will cost about $200 or so
for Windoze machinery. For Unixen it is more like $1000 in
shrouded source form. Splint should show up fairly easily on a
search, and is available free. Splint doesn't handle C++. PCLint
does.