Linux, extracing symbol table to read core dump

Johannes Bauer

Hi,

I don't think it's quite on-topic here, but neither in in
comp.os.linux.development.system - so here it goes anyways.

I'm debugging code which is in use on many remote systems. The code is
available in source and always compiled at the target's system. Every
now and then it crashes, giving me a core dump.

Here's the problem: Even though I'm sent the binary file (including
debugging symbols, of course) and the core file, I cannot debug symbols
in the C library. Obviously, they are very different on my system. So
how can one get that done?

Greetings,
Johannes

Brian Szmyd

Hi,

I don't think it's quite on-topic here, but neither in in
comp.os.linux.development.system - so here it goes anyways.

I'm debugging code which is in use on many remote systems. The code is
available in source and always compiled at the target's system. Every
now and then it crashes, giving me a core dump.

Here's the problem: Even though I'm sent the binary file (including
debugging symbols, of course) and the core file, I cannot debug symbols
in the C library. Obviously, they are very different on my system. So
how can one get that done?

Greetings,
Johannes

try comp.unix.programmer