ListBox Base Class won't let me implement a LoadPostData function

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ron Brown, Dec 20, 2006.

  1. Ron Brown

    Ron Brown Guest

    When I paste in the function declaration code from the VS.NET 2003
    IPostBackDataHandler Interface [Visual Basic] help page and then simply end
    the function, I get the following compiler error:

    'System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData' is already implemented by
    base class 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox' and cannot be implemented
    again.

    Code:
    Public Overridable Shadows Function LoadPostData( postDataKey As
    String, postCollection As System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection)
    _
    As Boolean Implements IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData

    End Function

    My custom component renders a textbox and a listbox, so how do I get the
    data back from both of these components?
    Ron Brown, Dec 20, 2006