ListBox Width

Matthew Wieder

I have the common problem of the text for some of the items in my
listbox exceeds the width of the listbox. The solution oft proposed of
not setting the width and thereby having the listbox automatically scale
to the size of the data is helpfull, but it messes up the look of the
page if the box is empty or only short strings are in the box. What I'd
like to do, is have the listbox width set to a certain ammount and only
if a string exceeds a certain number of characters, have the listbox
width scale. I can't seem to find how to "unset" the listbox width
attribute via C# codebehind. Does anyone know how to do this?
thanks!