Literal Control with IFrame text, trying to remove from page without screen corruption

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by NeilG, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. NeilG

    NeilG Guest

    Hi,

    I have an ASPX page with a literal control on the page. The page
    structure is like a frameset (but I dont use frames, this is just to
    give you an idea of how it looks) with records down the left and a
    main 'viewer' to the right of this. When the user clicks on a record
    the details are loaded into the main area.

    When the user clicks on a certain record that has a PDF attachment
    they can chose to view that PDF in the main viewer area. The PDF is
    loaded by setting the text property of the IFrame to be a aspx that
    loads that pdf (no custom code, just sets Response.ContentType).

    The problem I have is that my 'close pdf' button does not work
    correctly. All it should do is make that literal invisible so it does
    not render. BUT when i do this the screen gets 'corrupted' and the
    next record you load there is a mess. Scrolling is a complete mess
    etc. Its as though the IFrame causes IE to screw up even though i have
    told .Net to not render the literal control.

    I have tried the following two approaches:

    - make literal control invisible
    - set text property to be ""

    Any help would be really appreciated

    Neil