load testing

Guest

Hi;

We need to loadtest our ASP.NET app. So two questions:

1) With just one user, it is slow. Especially the first time we hit a page.
This is pre-compiled and we use web deploy and then put it on IIS on Win
2003. But even on subsequent page requests, there can be a good 1/4 - 1/2
second before the page comes up. And this is with web browser and server on
the same LAN and nothing else happening on either computer. I can't believe
ASP.NET is just normally this slow. What do I need to do?

2) Any suggestions for a good program where we can hit the server with 50 -
500 simultaneous requests to measure response speed and make sure it works?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

bruce barker

check your page sizes, you probably have too must viewstate or you
application code is too slow.

there are a lot of load test tools. visual studio team has one, but you
should google for one in your price range and desired feature set.

all the good testing tools have a scripting language to drive the
browser, or site. they usually have a big learning curve, and will take
a significant amount of work to set up. look for one that will record a
session (and supports asp.net postbacks).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)