CS

Hello all. I've got a link that points to a frameset. In one of the frames
I want to be able to load a Powerpoint file. So far, I haven't been able to
get it to work. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on making this work.

Thanks!

Augustus

CS said:
Hello all. I've got a link that points to a frameset. In one of the frames
I want to be able to load a Powerpoint file. So far, I haven't been able to
get it to work. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on making this work.

The server might not be set up to serve power point files? The destination
computer might not have power point?

Of note: you can save a powerpoint presentation as a web page and just put
that in the frame...

marcus

In one of the frames I want to be able to load a Powerpoint file.

Powerpoint is MS specific and therefore not available on all platforms.

Suggest you use the Powerpoint option File / Save As / JPG to export each slide
as JPG then include the JPGs in your HTML page.

Hope this helps.

regards
Marcus

Mark Parnell

Hello all. I've got a link that points to a frameset. In one of the frames

http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php
I want to be able to load a Powerpoint file.

1) The visitor's computer may not be able to open a Powerpoint file
2) The visitor's browser may be set to save powerpoint files, not open
them in the browser.
3) Don't use frames.

CS

Actually I should have been more specific. This is an intranet application.
All the PCs have PowerPoint loaded and are using Microsoft IE 6. The
PowerPoint files are maintained so they contain current information which
changes regularly. The goup maintaining the PowerPoint files is trained to
do it that way so there is basically no chance of really converting the
whole thing to HTML. Basically, I can create a hyperlink to the PowerPoint
file and get it to open fine in the browser. What I would like to do is
have it open in a frame when the page loads.

Thanks!

marcus

Basically, I can create a hyperlink to the PowerPoint
file and get it to open fine in the browser. What I would like to do is
have it open in a frame when the page loads.

Powerpoint is not smart enough to know that a file is being opened within a
frame. It will always go full-screen.

A better option, rather than trying to force all this in the browser, would be
to have shortcuts on the user's desktop to the Powerpoint files. You could copy
them to the desktop with a batch file when the user logs in to the network.

regards
Marcus