LoadViewState with Dynamic Assemblies

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Scott Nichols, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. OK, I'm progressing with my programming...

    I have a web form that has a control that is dynamically created based
    on the currently selected item in a dropdown list. For example, if you
    select option 1 control A is inserted into the web form. If you select
    option 2 control B is insesrted.

    Through brute force programming I have managed to get these controls
    to not only retain their view state, but the controls can
    programmatically access the infromation.

    Here's the interesting thing...

    after I switch to option 2 (control B) the first round trip to the
    server does not keep any view state infromation. The infromation is
    retained only after the second round trip.

    I *think* the problem is that I'm re-adding the control in the
    LoadViewState method, and not the init method.

    But, the controls are stored in separate assemblies and the correct
    assembly is loaded based on infromation retrieved from my customized
    viewstate.

    Has anyone else had experience with this issue?

    Cheers,

    Scott

    Scott Nichols, Apr 14, 2004