Local asp.net test server won't show images

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Neil C, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. Neil C

    Neil C Guest

    Ok, this seems weird, but i think it's a permissions problem (perhaps);
    but I cannot seem to access any external resources within a web
    project.
    When I set up a new web app, add a resource to it, edit the default
    aspx with an img tag, and run it, the generated html looks fine, but
    the image will not show.
    I test the path to the image and i can view it in my browser, but it
    will not display on the page. Just to check i gave the img a width,
    height and bgcolor and right-clicked>view image and it worked fine.
    Has anyone encountered this before?
     
    Neil C, Aug 15, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. No, but look at source on the page in question and see if it has a size of
    1x1.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    *************************************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    *************************************************
    "Neil C" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, this seems weird, but i think it's a permissions problem (perhaps);
    > but I cannot seem to access any external resources within a web
    > project.
    > When I set up a new web app, add a resource to it, edit the default
    > aspx with an img tag, and run it, the generated html looks fine, but
    > the image will not show.
    > I test the path to the image and i can view it in my browser, but it
    > will not display on the page. Just to check i gave the img a width,
    > height and bgcolor and right-clicked>view image and it worked fine.
    > Has anyone encountered this before?
    >
     
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Aug 15, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Neil C

    Neil C Guest

    That doesn't seem to be the case. Here's the output:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <form id="form1">
    <div>
    <img style="width:200px; height:200px;
    background-color:#CCCCCC;" src="image.jpg" alt="image" />
    </div>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

    Additionally this renders as expected in design view in visual studio,
    just not in execution. I don't think this is an html question...

    Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) wrote:

    > No, but look at source on the page in question and see if it has a size of
    > 1x1.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > *************************************************
    > Think Outside the Box!
    > *************************************************
    > "Neil C" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Ok, this seems weird, but i think it's a permissions problem (perhaps);
    > > but I cannot seem to access any external resources within a web
    > > project.
    > > When I set up a new web app, add a resource to it, edit the default
    > > aspx with an img tag, and run it, the generated html looks fine, but
    > > the image will not show.
    > > I test the path to the image and i can view it in my browser, but it
    > > will not display on the page. Just to check i gave the img a width,
    > > height and bgcolor and right-clicked>view image and it worked fine.
    > > Has anyone encountered this before?
    > >
     
    Neil C, Aug 15, 2006
    #3
  4. Neil C

    Neil C Guest

    On top of that, it seems that the asp.net website administration tool
    will not show images either... As before i can view the images wth the
    path that they're linked to in the page, but they will not render
    visually on the page....
    Is must be the way asp.net development server is set up (or installed)
    Anyone have any suggestions?

    Neil C wrote:

    > That doesn't seem to be the case. Here's the output:
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    > "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    > <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    > <head>
    > <title>Untitled Page</title>
    > </head>
    > <body>
    > <form id="form1">
    > <div>
    > <img style="width:200px; height:200px;
    > background-color:#CCCCCC;" src="image.jpg" alt="image" />
    > </div>
    > </form>
    > </body>
    > </html>
    >
    > Additionally this renders as expected in design view in visual studio,
    > just not in execution. I don't think this is an html question...
    >
    > Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) wrote:
    >
    > > No, but look at source on the page in question and see if it has a size of
    > > 1x1.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gregory A. Beamer
    > > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    > >
    > > *************************************************
    > > Think Outside the Box!
    > > *************************************************
    > > "Neil C" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > > > Ok, this seems weird, but i think it's a permissions problem (perhaps);
    > > > but I cannot seem to access any external resources within a web
    > > > project.
    > > > When I set up a new web app, add a resource to it, edit the default
    > > > aspx with an img tag, and run it, the generated html looks fine, but
    > > > the image will not show.
    > > > I test the path to the image and i can view it in my browser, but it
    > > > will not display on the page. Just to check i gave the img a width,
    > > > height and bgcolor and right-clicked>view image and it worked fine.
    > > > Has anyone encountered this before?
    > > >
     
    Neil C, Aug 15, 2006
    #4
  5. Neil C

    Neil C Guest

    Riiight..
    Well this is totally re-produceable..

    All you have to do is get firefox to block images from localhost. Then
    when you view pages from you computer they won't work, voila.......

    Yeah i'm annonyed.. how did this block images from localhost occur??
    Angry...

    Cheers to cowboy for his assistance

    Neil C wrote:

    > On top of that, it seems that the asp.net website administration tool
    > will not show images either... As before i can view the images wth the
    > path that they're linked to in the page, but they will not render
    > visually on the page....
    > Is must be the way asp.net development server is set up (or installed)
    > Anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Neil C wrote:
    >
    > > That doesn't seem to be the case. Here's the output:
    > >
    > > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    > > "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    > > <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    > > <head>
    > > <title>Untitled Page</title>
    > > </head>
    > > <body>
    > > <form id="form1">
    > > <div>
    > > <img style="width:200px; height:200px;
    > > background-color:#CCCCCC;" src="image.jpg" alt="image" />
    > > </div>
    > > </form>
    > > </body>
    > > </html>
    > >
    > > Additionally this renders as expected in design view in visual studio,
    > > just not in execution. I don't think this is an html question...
    > >
    > > Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) wrote:
    > >
    > > > No, but look at source on the page in question and see if it has a size of
    > > > 1x1.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gregory A. Beamer
    > > > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    > > >
    > > > *************************************************
    > > > Think Outside the Box!
    > > > *************************************************
    > > > "Neil C" <> wrote in message
    > > > news:...
    > > > > Ok, this seems weird, but i think it's a permissions problem (perhaps);
    > > > > but I cannot seem to access any external resources within a web
    > > > > project.
    > > > > When I set up a new web app, add a resource to it, edit the default
    > > > > aspx with an img tag, and run it, the generated html looks fine, but
    > > > > the image will not show.
    > > > > I test the path to the image and i can view it in my browser, but it
    > > > > will not display on the page. Just to check i gave the img a width,
    > > > > height and bgcolor and right-clicked>view image and it worked fine.
    > > > > Has anyone encountered this before?
    > > > >
     
    Neil C, Aug 16, 2006
    #5
  6. Neil C

    elizas

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    27
    Location:
    India
    Show Tags in Design View in Visual Studio

    To enable it open an aspx page and follow the following steps:

    1. Click on "View"
    2. Click on "Formatting Marks"
    3. Click on "Show"
    4. Repeat step-1 and step-2
    5. Click on "Tag Marks"
    Now tags will be shown in the design view.
     
    elizas, May 4, 2010
    #6
  7. Neil C

    dmajeed

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Different but similar problem

    i have installed IIS and in design mode i can see the image but browser doesn't show it the image path is f:\pics\1.jpg and i have hardcode this in ImageUrl as
    ImageUrl="f:\pics\1.jpg" still i see small image icon in IE but no image.

    plz help!!
     
    dmajeed, Jul 10, 2010
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Rob Rogers
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,375
    Rob Rogers
    Aug 9, 2004
  2. Noel Volin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    301
    Noel Volin
    Nov 30, 2004
  3. Jim in Arizona
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    4,975
    Jim in Arizona
    Jan 24, 2006
  4. Noel Volin

    Customer Server Control won't show on client

    Noel Volin, Nov 30, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net Building Controls
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    117
    Noel Volin
    Nov 30, 2004
  5. Noel Volin

    Customer Server Control won't show on client

    Noel Volin, Nov 30, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net Web Controls
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    110
    Noel Volin
    Nov 30, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page