    Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages are
    usually less than helpful.
    TIA

    KiwiBrian, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "KiwiBrian" <>
    writing in news:fovcp3$vnn$:

    > On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
    > installations involving
    > XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
    > I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I
    > enter localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting
    > to access. Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial
    > or ebook on the subject.
    > Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages
    > are usually less than helpful.
    > TIA

    The best way I have found to hunt down errors is to Google them. It
    also depends on what is causing the error, the scriping language or the
    db program. Usually, the error message will be pretty specific as to
    which is causing the error. DB messages usually say something about the
    query not being right, etc., while programming messages usually give a
    line number where the error is occurring.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 14, 2008

  3. KiwiBrian

    Ed Mullen Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
    > installations involving
    > XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
    > I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I enter
    > localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting to access.
    > Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial or ebook on the
    > subject.
    > Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages are
    > usually less than helpful.
    > TIA

    You'll probably have better luck posting at: alt.apache.configuration

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 15, 2008
  4. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > KiwiBrian wrote:
    >> On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
    >> installations involving
    >> XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
    >> I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I enter
    >> localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting to access.
    >> Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial or ebook on
    >> the
    >> subject.
    >> Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages are
    >> usually less than helpful.
    >> TIA
    >>

    > You'll probably have better luck posting at: alt.apache.configuration

    Wonderful!! I didn't know about this NewsGroup.
    Exactly what I need.

    KiwiBrian, Feb 15, 2008