localhost query

KiwiBrian

On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
installations involving
XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I enter
localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting to access.
Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial or ebook on the
subject.
Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages are
usually less than helpful.
TIA

Adrienne Boswell

On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
installations involving
XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I
enter localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting
to access. Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial
or ebook on the subject.
Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages
are usually less than helpful.
TIA

The best way I have found to hunt down errors is to Google them. It
also depends on what is causing the error, the scriping language or the
db program. Usually, the error message will be pretty specific as to
which is causing the error. DB messages usually say something about the
query not being right, etc., while programming messages usually give a
line number where the error is occurring.

Ed Mullen

KiwiBrian said:
On my XP SP2 PCs I have been experimenting with various database
installations involving
XAMPP, WAMP, and manual installation of Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.
I am confused at the exact methodology that will ensure that when I enter
localhost in the browser, that I will access what I am wanting to access.
Can anyone clarify, or refer me to a good article, tutorial or ebook on the
subject.
Because when it "just does not work" any consequential error messages are
usually less than helpful.
TIA

You'll probably have better luck posting at: alt.apache.configuration

KiwiBrian

Ed Mullen said:
You'll probably have better luck posting at: alt.apache.configuration

Wonderful!! I didn't know about this NewsGroup.
Exactly what I need.