Localization and Nested Master Pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    Sometime ago I followed an article (I believe MSDN) related with
    localization in Asp.Net 2.0.

    To make pages localization I create a class named Localization:

    1 Public Class _Localization
    2 Inherits Page
    3
    4 Sub Localization_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    EventArgs) Handles MyBase.PreInit
    5 Page.MasterPageFile = "~/_Base.master"
    6 Page.Theme = "_Base"
    7 End Sub
    8
    9 ' _Base master page culture
    10 Protected Overrides Sub InitializeCulture()
    11 MyBase.InitializeCulture()
    12 Dim language As String = CType(Context.Profile,
    ProfileCommon).Language
    13 If (language IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (language <> "Auto") Then
    14 MyBase.UICulture = language
    15 Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
    CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(language)
    16 End If
    17 End Sub
    18
    19 End Class

    My Base master page is as follows:

    1 Partial Class _Base
    2 Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPage
    3 ...
    4 End Class

    And my page is given by:

    1 Partial Class _Default
    2 Inherits Localization
    3 ...
    4 End Class

    Well, now I need page Default to use two master pages. Base and Content
    where:

    Base

    | ----- Content

    Now I am really lost here. Smile

    Could someone help me out in implementing this?

    By the way, I am developing everything at runtime.

    Thanks,

    Miguel
    shapper, Nov 25, 2006