Localized XML file

Discussion in 'XML' started by shapper, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I creating xml files to hold localized resources such as posts,
    documents, contents, etc.

    For example, a post contains the following fields:
    PostID, PostTitle, PostBody, PostCreatedDate, PostUpdatedDate and
    PostIsPublished

    Localized Columns:
    PostTitle and PostBody

    NO Localized columns:
    PostID, PostCreatedDate, PostUpdatedDate and PostIsPublished

    What is the best way to create a XML file structure to hold posts?

    I always use SQL databases but in this project I need to use XML files
    that I am not so used to ...

    Could someone help me out with this?

    Thanks,
    Miguel
    shapper, Apr 20, 2009

  2. shapper wrote:

    > I creating xml files to hold localized resources such as posts,
    > documents, contents, etc.
    >
    > For example, a post contains the following fields:
    > PostID, PostTitle, PostBody, PostCreatedDate, PostUpdatedDate and
    > PostIsPublished
    >
    > Localized Columns:
    > PostTitle and PostBody
    >
    > NO Localized columns:
    > PostID, PostCreatedDate, PostUpdatedDate and PostIsPublished
    >
    > What is the best way to create a XML file structure to hold posts?

    Do you need to keep translations or localized versions of the same post?
    Or do you just need to store the language of each PostTitle and
    PostBody? In the latter case simply use the xml:lang attribute e.g.
    <Posts>
    <Post>
    <PostID>P1</PostID>
    <PostTitle xml:lang="en">What's this all about?<PostTitle>
    <PostBody xml:lang="en">...</PostBody>
    </Post>
    </Posts>

    --