Location for images of custom controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Earl Teigrob, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Earl Teigrob

    Earl Teigrob Guest

    I am creating a bunch if simple custom controls such as Date Picker, Color
    Picker etc and display a text box and an image beside them that pops up a
    new picker window. What are my options for storage locaion of this image.
    The opitions I can think of off the top of my head are

    1. Relative to local root, for example /images/ ... but his means I need to
    load these images in each application

    2. Under the aspnet_client directory (May be the best option because image
    is cached to client and I do not need to copy the images to each
    application.. but how do I address these images???)

    3. Can an image be stored and accessed form an resource file? I am currently
    using these for some of my Javascript code

    Please give my any advice in this area

    Thanks

    Earl

    Earl Teigrob, Nov 3, 2003