Log4J problem in exportated JAR in WSAD 5.1.2

Discussion in 'Java' started by Etienne, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Etienne

    Etienne Guest

    Hi,

    I have a strange problem. I am doing a small librairie for another
    projet. I have made a JAR using WSAD 5.1.2. When the other projet try
    to use the JAR it trows this exception:

    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: org.apache.log4j.Category: field level not
    found (Caused by java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
    org.apache.log4j.Category: field level not found)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:238)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractApplicationContext.java:171)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractApplicationContext.java:162)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:67)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:49)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:82)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:167)
    Any idea?

    Thanks.

    Etienne.
    Etienne, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Etienne

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:42:44 +0100, Etienne <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a strange problem. I am doing a small librairie for another
    > projet. I have made a JAR using WSAD 5.1.2. When the other projet try
    > to use the JAR it trows this exception:
    >
    > org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
    > java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: org.apache.log4j.Category: field level not
    > found (Caused by java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:

    Looks like the version of Log4J that you are compiling against is not the
    same version that you are running with. Check your classpath settings for
    both projects.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer