Logging library

krivenok.dmitry

Hello All!

I know that Boost doesn't offer any logging facilities.
Is there expansible, crossplatform, well-designed (all features are
required) logging library for C++?

Any suggestions?

Charles

I know that Boost doesn't offer any logging facilities.

That's not strictly true. There's the Boost Log Library. From
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?LibrariesUnderCon
struction-New:
"The Boost Log Library is a small logging library, makes it very easy to
declare/define new logs, allows you very simple access to logs, allows for log
hierarchies, and for modifying log hierarchies, allows for easy and efficient
enabling/disabling of logs/log hierarchies, allows for easy manipulation of log
behaviors and is thread-safe."
Download: http://torjo.com/code/logging.zip
Docs: http://torjo.com/

I don't think John Torjo, the author, has worked on it recently but it's
useable.

JimB

Hello All!

I know that Boost doesn't offer any logging facilities.
Is there expansible, crossplatform, well-designed (all features are
required) logging library for C++?

Any suggestions?

Pantheios (http://pantheios.sf.net/) is definitely the way to go.

Roland P. put me onto it, and it's very high quality. It claims to be
very fast - http://pantheios.sourceforge.net/performance.html - and my
experience of it so far bares that out.

It seems to be experiencing a surge in activity recenty too. Feels like
the tem are building up to a non-beta release