    multithreading. Anyone has some idea ?

    Thanks.

    perseus

    j, Aug 7, 2003

  2. j

    Mothra Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:28:58 +0800, j wrote:

    > Hi all ,
    >
    > what's the common module that's used for logging ? i have looked
    > into
    > log4perl. But seems that not quite mature and doesn't support
    > multithreading. Anyone has some idea ?

    Normally I stick an error-handling subroutine in my code that appends
    warnings and errors to one or more logfiles and then use Logfile::Rotate
    to compress and rotate them. I take it you want to do something more than
    this - can you be more specific?

    Mothra, Aug 7, 2003

  3. j

    j Guest

    Some of the features that I can think of is :

    1) easily support multithreading or concurrent client usage.
    2) different level of logging and can be configured via a config file that
    should not have significant impact on performance.
    3) Logfile management.

    Thanks.

    j, Aug 7, 2003
  4. On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:23:06 +0800, j wrote:
    > Some of the features that I can think of is :
    >
    > 1) easily support multithreading or concurrent client usage.
    > 2) different level of logging and can be configured via a config file that
    > should not have significant impact on performance.
    > 3) Logfile management.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Sys::Syslog will help:

    http://search.cpan.org/author/JHI/perl-5.8.0/ext/Sys/Syslog/Syslog.pm

    Cheers & HTH

    A.

    --
    BIND ist wie sendmail. Erst wenn man ihn kennt, hasst man ihn wirklich :cool:
    -- Beat ("bit") Rubischon in #lugs on irc.lugs.ch

    Andre Bonhote, Aug 13, 2003