Login and Forward to an External site using Struts

dhanunjay

Our company just bought another company. We are trying to link the new
company's website as a link in our website. They have a login page.

We use java/struts and they use php. This shouldn't matter. We have
the login info of the user for the new site.

My question is, how can we transfer our user to the new site when he
clicks on a link on our site seamlessly.

I need to do some processing before I pass on the user to the new
site.

I thought of using Struts ActionForward(url, true) to forward him to
the new site, but i'll have to put the username/pwd in the url.

Can we forward it to the jsp and in the jsp all we do is redirect to
the newsite but set the username/pwd as hidden in the form?

Is that the only way. Are there any other solutions for my problem?
Any Idea is highly appreciated.

Thanks much!

John B. Matthews

dhanunjay said:
Our company just bought another company. We are trying to link the new
company's website as a link in our website. They have a login page.

We use java/struts and they use php. This shouldn't matter. We have
the login info of the user for the new site.

My question is, how can we transfer our user to the new site when he
clicks on a link on our site seamlessly.

I need to do some processing before I pass on the user to the new
site.

I thought of using Struts ActionForward(url, true) to forward him to
the new site, but i'll have to put the username/pwd in the url.

Can we forward it to the jsp and in the jsp all we do is redirect to
the newsite but set the username/pwd as hidden in the form?

Is that the only way. Are there any other solutions for my problem?
Any Idea is highly appreciated.

I've not used it in precisely this way, but you may want to look at URL
rewriting. Your web framework(s) may already have that facility:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewrite_engine>
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html>

Donkey Hottie

Our company just bought another company. We are trying to link the new
company's website as a link in our website. They have a login page.

We use java/struts and they use php. This shouldn't matter. We have
the login info of the user for the new site.

My question is, how can we transfer our user to the new site when he
clicks on a link on our site seamlessly.

I need to do some processing before I pass on the user to the new
site.

I thought of using Struts ActionForward(url, true) to forward him to
the new site, but i'll have to put the username/pwd in the url.

Can we forward it to the jsp and in the jsp all we do is redirect to
the newsite but set the username/pwd as hidden in the form?

Is that the only way. Are there any other solutions for my problem?
Any Idea is highly appreciated.

Thanks much!

You need light weight federation.

http://www.emillion.biz

Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hai

Respected sir/madam,

I need coding for redirecting the main page to their respective pages(teacher.jsp/student.jsp) using struts according to the login user