    replies to bernard_brittenAThotmailDOTcom - Replace the AT with @ and
    the DOT with . I am able to use MYSQL, PHP, and ASP - but that doesn't
    mean I know how to use them - hehehe

    VEIDEMANIS, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "VEIDEMANIS"
    <> writing in news:1150736221.052270.142350
    @r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello all
    >
    > I am looking for a server side solution for creating an html based
    > login page that will redirect users to sub pages that contain specific
    > content for their group. Basically I want to group login id's into
    > five categories - so that when a user from a specific category logs in
    > - they are directed to only their specific site and not the other four.
    > Also, they would not have access to the other four at all. If
    > activity logging is possible I would like to know how to do that as
    > well. I am very knowledgeable with HTML, but suck at stuff like this -
    > Any information is helpful and appreciated - you can also e-mail
    > replies to bernard_brittenAThotmailDOTcom - Replace the AT with @ and
    > the DOT with . I am able to use MYSQL, PHP, and ASP - but that doesn't
    > mean I know how to use them - hehehe

    Please don't multipost. You need to talk to a server side group, PHP or
    ASP, and perhaps alt.php.sql. I also gave you advice in
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 19, 2006

  3. VEIDEMANIS

    jojo Guest

    Perhaps I've got a solution... without using SQL which you have to use
    otherwise to administer the usernames/usergroups.
    I suppose your Homepage is hosted on an Apache Server (Most web-servers
    are Apache). And on most of these servers the webmasters are allowed to
    use .htaccess-files
    With .htaccess-files you can simply set different rights to special
    groups/users, if a user wants to enter a site which he is not allowed to
    view with his current user a login-window is shown. For an example visit
    www.hafner-web.de/privat. The only problem is the redirection... I don't
    think it is possible to redirect with .htaccess to different sites
    depending on the username.
    I'm sorry, that is my only solution. Perhaps somebody has got a better
    idea (beside SQL, I think it's quite difficult to learn)?

    jojo, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed jojo <> writing in

    > beside SQL, I think it's quite difficult to learn

    No, SQL is actually very easy, eg:

    SELECT id, name, address, city, st, zip FROM phonebook WHERE zip = '91205'

    The above is a very simple query, and SQL can get very complicated, but
    IMHO, not that difficult once you get the language together.

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 19, 2006
  5. VEIDEMANIS

    jojo Guest

    Adrienne Boswell schrieb:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed jojo <> writing in
    >
    >> beside SQL, I think it's quite difficult to learn

    > No, SQL is actually very easy, eg:
    >
    > SELECT id, name, address, city, st, zip FROM phonebook WHERE zip = '91205'
    >
    > The above is a very simple query, and SQL can get very complicated, but
    > IMHO, not that difficult once you get the language together.

    Oh, I'm sorry, I must say I don't have much experience in SQL or PHP
    because in my Web-Hosting-Package I'm not able to use it...
    So there might be a better way to solve the problem... perhaps using SQL
    and PHP? AFAIK there is a way to do redirects using PHP... and PHP works
    perfect with SQL. Am I right?
    So perhaps someone who has got experience with SQL and PHP may offer a
    solution?

    jojo, Jun 19, 2006