Login Control - Use a multipart account number instead of a name

jj

I have went through the exercise of creating a login page using the
standard user/password and the Login Control for asp.net 2.0, but now I
have a requirement for a multipart account number [dddd][dd][dddd][d]
which will consist of four fields all numbers for the login instead of a
username. The first two fields are fairly common ones so they need to be
'optionally' remembered between visits to the web site. If examples
provided prefer C# [old java programmer, :)]

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Guest

I don't understand where the problem lies. Wouldn't you simply use the
multipart account number as the username?

You can overide most of what the login control does with your own custom
methods if you need to do any positional parsing and such.
Peter