Login Failed: Error 18456: Unable to login to run SP on local serv

Guest

Don't know if this is the correct newsgroup. If not then I apologize in
advance.

New installation of SQL Server on local machine. All permissions to access
tables and execute stored procedures provided. Changed and reset password.
Same errors experienced with accounts other than sa. All permissions granted.

Calling SP from ASP page on same machine.

Here is the error I'm experiencing and retrieved:

"Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Number: 18456
State: 1
Class: 14
Server:
Message: Login failed for user 'sa'.
Procedure:
Line: 0"

What am I missing/

Vaibhav

have you tried running a string sql from your asp, instead of a stored
procedure.

login failed for 'sa' , the reason for this is that the supplied password
for user sa is incorrect.

also the correct newsgroup for your question is
"microsoft.public.sqlserver.server"