Login Failed: Error 18456: Unable to login to run SP on local serv

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyaWJhbGRp?=, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Don't know if this is the correct newsgroup. If not then I apologize in
    advance.

    New installation of SQL Server on local machine. All permissions to access
    tables and execute stored procedures provided. Changed and reset password.
    Same errors experienced with accounts other than sa. All permissions granted.

    Calling SP from ASP page on same machine.

    Here is the error I'm experiencing and retrieved:

    "Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Number: 18456
    State: 1
    Class: 14
    Server:
    Message: Login failed for user 'sa'.
    Procedure:
    Line: 0"

    What am I missing/

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyaWJhbGRp?=, Feb 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyaWJhbGRp?=

    Vaibhav Guest

    have you tried running a string sql from your asp, instead of a stored
    procedure.

    login failed for 'sa' , the reason for this is that the supplied password
    for user sa is incorrect.

    also the correct newsgroup for your question is
    "microsoft.public.sqlserver.server"

    Vaibhav, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Re: Login Failed: Error 18456: Unable to login to run SP on local

    Thanks, the DBA changed the sa password on me... :-(

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyaWJhbGRp?=, Feb 25, 2005