Login for Windows Authentication

SF

Hi,

I am nes to ASP.NET. I try to develop on online form for my office that
requiore use to login using Windows Authentication (Use name active
directory). I am search to web and could not found any sample.

Appreciate if someone provide some lead.

SF

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> requiore use to login using Windows Authentication (Use name active directory).
!> I am search to web and could not found any sample.

There's quite a few leads in this Google search :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=login+"Windows+Authentication"+"asp.net"+"active+directory"

The first link returned is :
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...thin-an-Intranet-ASP.NET-Web-application.aspx

There's good tips in this article :
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/WindowsSecuritynASPNet.aspx

John Rivers

Hi,

I am nes to ASP.NET. I try to develop on online form for my office that
requiore use to login using Windows Authentication (Use name active
directory). I am search to web and could not found any sample.

Appreciate if someone provide some lead.

SF

You can use IIS Admin to require Windows Authentication for a Virtual
Directory or other Directory (turn off Anonymous access)

Browser will supply login credentials of user running browser (note
there are Internet Explorer security options that modify this
behaviour)
(I do not think Firefox can do NTLM Authentication - but I could be
wrong)

Now your Web Application can determine who is logged in using the
LOGON_USER server variable

Debugging security access can be done with a combination of Event
Viewer, setting Local Security Policy auditing options and using
sysinternals TokenMon

Consider using custom error page in event of authentication problems -
explain about Firefox and IE security options etc.