    'Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage' method

    thanks,
    Samuel
    Samuel Shulman, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Samuel,
    If a user is logged in,
    the User property of the Page class will have a Name property with the
    username;
    you can access this from anywhere in your application.

    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Let me try and clarify my question

    If the user types in the url the Login.aspx file then enters the username and the password, clicks the login button and the form validates the values against values from the database

    In case the values are correct and i want to send the user to another page, currently when i try doing it using the Response.Redirect method then if the destination page is in a protected folder it returns back to the login page because ASP.NET doesn't know that this user is authenticated

    So all I need is another method that set the user as authenticated and then when i call the
    Response.Redirect Method it will work

    Of course if the user was automatically Redirected by the system to the login page then I can use the Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage method

    Thank you for your help
    Samuel

    Samuel Shulman, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Samuel Shulman

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Use either Forms Authentication or Basic Authentication. You can't "Set" a user as authenticated.

    Jeff Dillon, Jun 6, 2006
  5. How can i use the Forms Authentication or Basic Authentication to perform a similar function

    Samuel Shulman, Jun 6, 2006
  6. Samuel Shulman

    tdavisjr Guest

    Well, You have to manually build the FormsAuthenticationTicket and then
    redirect the user. Here is an article that you can look at.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/tmeston/archive/2003/07/24/10505.aspx

    tdavisjr, Jun 6, 2006
  7. Samuel Shulman

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    First of all, what do you mean "protected". How did you protect it? Who has
    access?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Jun 7, 2006
  8. I got the answer alraedy
    when I say protected i mean that the folder has forms authentication
    security

    Cheers,
    Samuel

    Samuel Shulman, Jun 7, 2006