    this.

    I have used Watir until now for normal login pages, but it doesn't seem
    to be able to handle prompts.
    Andrei Caragea, Mar 8, 2010

    That looks like standard HTTP authentication (Basic/Digest).

    You will need a regular HTTP client library in order to supply credentials,
    like Httparty, HttpClient, Mechanize etc.

    You might have better luck with Celerity ( a JRuby implementation of Watir,
    that uses a pure java Http Client, instead of automating a browser) - the
    API
    might expose methods for dealing with HTTP auth instead of form
    authentication.

    There are a LOT of Ruby HTTP libraries out there - you might have to do a
    bit of homework
    on them and their feature sets.

    Also double check the Watir site. Popups of all kinds are a real annoyance
    there, and they
    have developed a couple of interesting workarounds. They might also
    recommend alternatives
    that I haven't mentioned here.

    http://richardconroy.blogspot.com
    Richard Conroy, Mar 8, 2010