Login using NT login details from web form problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DavidADEW, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. DavidADEW

    DavidADEW Guest

    need a ASP.NET C# web page that lets a user enter their NT user name
    and password and passes to NT to see if they are a valid NT login.

    I am aware of the System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry classes, and
    tried to use these, but they are not installed on the web server at
    present - I get a

    >> CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DirectoryServices' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

    error

    Is there another way of logging in via NT, or how does
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry get installed on the web
    server?

    If I have posted this in the wrong group, please do let me know which
    group I should post in.
    DavidADEW, Sep 1, 2006

  2. Hi

    The class reference(System.DirectoryServices) would be readily available, if
    the machine has .NET framework installed. With the error message you have
    listed, it seems you are missing the reference. What you could do is try
    adding reference to System.DirectoryServices to your project and compile it.
    It should definitely work.

    Let me know if you need any more help.

    Prem

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJlbSBLdW1hcg==?=, Sep 1, 2006

  3. DavidADEW

    DavidADEW Guest

    Thanks for your message.

    Am I not right in saying that by referring to
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry in the code I don't need a
    refenece - I do this elsewhere with other code for drawing etc.? I am
    using ASP.NET C#?

    DavidADEW, Sep 1, 2006