Login using NT login details from web form problems

DavidADEW

need a ASP.NET C# web page that lets a user enter their NT user name
and password and passes to NT to see if they are a valid NT login.

I am aware of the System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry classes, and
tried to use these, but they are not installed on the web server at
present - I get a

error

Is there another way of logging in via NT, or how does
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry get installed on the web
server?

If I have posted this in the wrong group, please do let me know which
group I should post in.

Guest

Hi

The class reference(System.DirectoryServices) would be readily available, if
the machine has .NET framework installed. With the error message you have
listed, it seems you are missing the reference. What you could do is try
adding reference to System.DirectoryServices to your project and compile it.
It should definitely work.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Prem

DavidADEW

Thanks for your message.

Am I not right in saying that by referring to
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry in the code I don't need a
refenece - I do this elsewhere with other code for drawing etc.? I am
using ASP.NET C#?