long URLs

David Shorthouse

Hey folks,

Is anyone aware of any sort of asp coding to deal with long URLs? I have a
few asp that pull URLs from fields within a MS db, which then display on a
width-limited table. Is there any way to wrap these long URLs such that my
table doesn't get widened? e.g. wrapping at "/" or something similar?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave
______________________________
Remove "_SPAM" to reply directly.

Drew

Maybe instead of showing the url, you can do this,

Would that work?

HTH,
Drew

Drew

Sorry, my code is off... here is a correction,

There you go,
Drew

David Shorthouse

Thanks for the idea. Well, yes, that would work but would mean someone
couldn't print the pages from their browser and be able to visit those URLs
unless I specified this differently in a print css.

Dave

McKirahan

David Shorthouse said:
Hey folks,

Is anyone aware of any sort of asp coding to deal with long URLs? I have a
few asp that pull URLs from fields within a MS db, which then display on a
width-limited table. Is there any way to wrap these long URLs such that my
table doesn't get widened? e.g. wrapping at "/" or something similar?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

Perhaps (but doubtfully):

http://tinyurl.com/

"Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent
causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then you've
come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field below, we
will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never
expires."