    Dave
    ______________________________
    Remove "_SPAM" to reply directly.

    David Shorthouse, Apr 28, 2005

  2. David Shorthouse

    Drew Guest

    Maybe instead of showing the url, you can do this,

    Would that work?

    HTH,
    Drew

    Drew, Apr 28, 2005

  3. David Shorthouse

    Drew Guest

    Sorry, my code is off... here is a correction,

    There you go,
    Drew

    Drew, Apr 28, 2005
  4. You could do somethinguse the Left function to only show the 1st 25 or so
    characters of the url.
    But always put the full url in the href code for the link

    %></a>

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/function-reference-46.htm

    Kyle Peterson, Apr 28, 2005
  5. Thanks for the idea. Well, yes, that would work but would mean someone
    couldn't print the pages from their browser and be able to visit those URLs
    unless I specified this differently in a print css.

    Dave

    --
    ______________________________

    David Shorthouse, Apr 28, 2005
  6. That's not a bad idea. Thanks.

    Dave

    --
    ______________________________

    David Shorthouse, Apr 28, 2005
  7. David Shorthouse

    McKirahan Guest

    > Hey folks,
    >
    > Is anyone aware of any sort of asp coding to deal with long URLs? I have a
    > few asp that pull URLs from fields within a MS db, which then display on a
    > width-limited table. Is there any way to wrap these long URLs such that my
    > table doesn't get widened? e.g. wrapping at "/" or something similar?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice,
    >
    > Dave

    Perhaps (but doubtfully):

    http://tinyurl.com/

    "Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent
    causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then you've
    come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field below, we
    will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never
    expires."

    McKirahan, Apr 29, 2005
  8. David Shorthouse

    Thomas Guest

    well, if the url is very long anyway, who would type it of a printed
    document? ;-)

    a solution might be do use some sort of redirecting on your site, ie
    when the user types in http://mysite.com/show.asp?id=123 he is being
    forwarded (request.redirect) to
    http://mysite.com/somethingverylong/andhereisthepage.asp?withsome=options...

    - thomas