Long Web Form Validation Errors Not visible

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lit, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. Lit

    Lit Guest

    Hi,

    I have a web page that does not fit all on the screen vertically.

    At the bottom I have a submit button,

    When I click on the Submit button and have Validation Errors at the top.

    the user is unable to see the Errors on top of the page.

    I know that maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack is not in the picture yet.

    Do I need some special set up here?

    Is there a way to make the page to scroll up or down to the first Validation
    error.

    I need some Ideas.

    Thank you,

    Lit
    Lit, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Hi Lit,
    all validator controls has SetFocusOnError property. If you set this
    property to true invalid control associated with first validator (by
    ControlToValidate property) will receive focus.

    I hope this solve your problem.

    Best regards,
    Ladislav

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFkaXNsYXYgTXJua2E=?=, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Lit

    marss Guest

    On 23 , 03:32, "Lit" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a web page that does not fit all on the screen vertically.
    >
    > At the bottom I have a submit button,
    >
    > When I click on the Submit button and have Validation Errors at the top.
    >
    > the user is unable to see the Errors on top of the page.
    >
    > I know that maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack is not in the picture yet.
    >
    > Do I need some special set up here?
    >
    > Is there a way to make the page to scroll up or down to the first Validation
    > error.
    >
    > I need some Ideas.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lit

    Alternatively you can add ValidationSummary control close to Submit
    button.
    Regards,
    Mykola
    http://marss.co.ua
    marss, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Lit

    Lit Guest

    Ladislav,

    Thanks that helps, How did I miss that property?

    Lit

    Lit, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Lit

    Lit Guest

    marss,

    That is a possible solution also, thanks for your help.

    Lit

    Lit, Aug 23, 2007