Looking for beginning ruby instructors

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Andrea, Jul 9, 2009.

  1. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Hey,
    Hope this is an OK post since it's not strictly technical in nature...

    I manage Info Systems at the Jewish Community Center in San Francisco
    (www.jccsf.org) and am working with our programming staff to start
    new, 'current' tech classes. I've also started learning Ruby thanks to
    Sarah and Sarah (and Bosco) - so I'm interested in offering a 6 week
    Intro to Ruby on Rails class. I'm looking for an instructor for at
    least one session starting in late August.

    In terms of a teacher, I'm looking for someone that's advanced to
    expert level Ruby programmer (in case students run into problems) but
    able to dumb things down effectively for beginners, someone personable
    enough to hold everyone's attention, and enough of a self-starter to
    come up with a syllabus and training materials. Prior teaching
    experience is great, but I'm open to someone that wants to gain
    experience or see what teaching is like, as long as you've got the
    Ruby experience.

    Class will be once a week around 2 hours (6:30-8:30ish) exact dates
    are below. I'll be asking registrants to bring their own laptops and
    we'll supply either wireless and/or network cables and power.
    Instructor would also need their own laptop to plug into our
    projector. We've got a very nice facility and I'll be making sure
    that we have all the other hardware we need.

    This will start as a contract position, but if someone stays with us
    for a bit we can also offer this as a PT benefited position, which
    comes with standard benefits and a nice discount on our gym and other
    classes.

    If you're interested, please email me- ruby at jobtrajectory dot com-
    with a resume/bit about why you're interested and your experience.
    Please also feel free to email me if you're interested in the class
    and I'll make sure you get info when registration opens.

    Possible dates:

    Thursday 8/20-9/24
    Tuesday 10/20-11/24

    Thanks!