    book still be suitable for use in Visual Studio C++ 2010 express?

    --
    Regards Brian
    Brian, Sep 26, 2012

  2. On 9/26/2012 9:49 AM, Brian wrote:
    > As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
    > site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
    > code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
    > language.

    There are so many sites on the internet that giving you one would be
    unfair to all others, unless it's a special one, right? Start with
    'www.google.com' and search for "C++ code samples".

    > I came across a book I must have brought some years ago as Its dated 1998,
    > its called Introduction to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. Would the code in the
    > book still be suitable for use in Visual Studio C++ 2010 express?

    It's very dated. It might still compile by default, Microsoft tries to
    keep its products backward-compatible, but don't count on it too much.

    Also, wherever you access this newsgroup from, try finding
    'alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++' there (if I spelled it right...), it's more
    suited for novices.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 26, 2012

  3. Brian

    Guest

    On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:49:49 AM UTC-5, Brian wrote:
    > As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
    >
    > site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
    >
    > code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
    >
    > language.

    There's marshalling/networking related code here
    http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    Unless the L-rd builds the house,
    They labor in vain who build it;
    Unless the L-rd guards the city,
    The watchman waketh but in vain.
    Psalm 127:1
    , Sep 26, 2012
  4. Brian

    Luca Risolia Guest

    On 26/09/2012 15:49, Brian wrote:
    > As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
    > site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
    > code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
    > language.

    Here is a collection of solutions to many of the exercises proposed by
    Stroustrup in his book "The C++ Programming Language" (3rd edition),
    which is a very good book if you want learn C++ from the beginning:

    http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/

    a game (othello) is in the collection as well:

    http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/cpp_solutions/15.4/

    But games are usually advanced topics. You may want to start with
    something easier if you are new to C++.

    You can download the whole archive from:

    http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9
    Luca Risolia, Sep 26, 2012