Looking for Hosting Java (Tomcat) or VPS

Federico @ Work

Someone can suggest me a good hosting java (max 10-15? / month) or VPS to
host some of my application?
Thank you

David Segall

Federico @ Work said:
Someone can suggest me a good hosting java (max 10-15? / month) or VPS to
host some of my application?
Thank you

I can't vouch for them because I have not yet signed up but, if you
are looking for a private Tomcat server, I suggest you include
<http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/> in your list. They were remarkably
helpful when I had an enquiry including volunteering to install some
extra software within 24 hours.

David Segall

David Segall said:
I can't vouch for them because I have not yet signed up but, if you
are looking for a private Tomcat server, I suggest you include
<http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/> in your list. They were remarkably
helpful when I had an enquiry including volunteering to install some
extra software within 24 hours.

Woops! I just checked their web site and their are some frameworks,
such as IceFaces, that won't run in your price range although that is
not clear on the page that lists their hosting plans.

alexandre_paterson

Someone can suggest me a good hosting java (max 10-15? / month) or VPS to
host some of my application?
Thank you

It's not $15 but Euro 20...

I've got one full dedicated server for 20 Euros per month
at OVH (french company) since more than one year.

It's way than enough to host Java 1.6 / Tomcat6.

Icing on the cake: grsecurity kernel, Tomcat6 is installed
in a 'nologin' user account listening on port 8080 and 1443
and Linux's sateful firewall transparently NATs trafic
to these unprivileged ports.

On the downside you have to have at least some Un*x
administration skills but on the upside for 20 Euros
you get a *dedicated* server!

:)