looking for sample code: writing file content to binary

CJ

I've got following:
file_a content needs to be compared with file_b content.

I want to write content in binary form, then run a line by line
comparison on characters. When the first different character has been
found, a modification printf message will print to screen.

Any ideas? Or good C-link with sample code you could direct me to?

Thanks heaps.

Irrwahn Grausewitz

I've got following:

I want to write content in binary form, then run a line by line

Binary files don't have lines, by definition.
comparison on characters. When the first different character has been
found, a modification printf message will print to screen.

Any ideas? Or good C-link with sample code you could direct me to?

1. Open both files in "rb" mode.
2. In a loop, read one character at a time from each file.
3. Emit a message if the two characters differ.

If you run into problems implementing this in C, please report back,
showing your actual code.

HTH
Regards

Paul D. Boyle

: I've got following:
:> file_a content needs to be compared with file_b content.

: I want to write content in binary form, then run a line by line
: comparison on characters. When the first different character has been
: found, a modification printf message will print to screen.

Part of what it means to be a "binary file" is that there are no
"lines", i.e. there is no character which is interpreted as an end
of line character. So you can't do a "line by line comparison".
You can, however, do a byte by byte comparison. Look at your compiler's
documentation for fgetc() and getc() to read bytes from a file.

Good Luck,

Paul