Looking for script to monitor http and https sites

perlnovice

Hello,

I am looking for a perl script that can help me monitor about 15 http and https
websites.

The script will:

o Download the webpage then verify if the page contains some text.
1. If it does the script goes back to sleep.
2. If not, it will send out an email.
o If the website is down. The script will time out in 10 seconds and send
out an email.

Should you have a script doing the similar job please send me an copy.

Thank you very much in advance,

perlnovice

Tad McClellan

perlnovice said:
I am looking for a perl script

Please use a search engine or post somewhere else if you are
searching for a Perl program.

Post here if you are *writing* a Perl program.

John W.

Hello,

I am looking for a perl script that can help me monitor about 15 http and https
websites.

The script will:

o Download the webpage then verify if the page contains some text.
1. If it does the script goes back to sleep.
2. If not, it will send out an email.
o If the website is down. The script will time out in 10 seconds and send
out an email.

Should you have a script doing the similar job please send me an copy.

Thank you very much in advance,

perlnovice

Use the lwp::simple and net::smtp modules and write your own script.
You can get the contents of a url and use a regex to verify some
information on that page. It's a trivial excercise and perfect for a
novice.

Believe me, writing your own will be much easier than trying to find
one already written as the ones you will find will likely be much more
than what you require.

John