    Any pointers?

    Warm Regards,
    Vinay

    Vinay Joseph Mathew, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Vinay Joseph Mathew

    Joe Fallon Guest

    Read through help and google on this.
    There are some settings you need to make the same on all web servers.
    MAC address may be one of them.
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Vinay Joseph Mathew

    TPS Guest

    Vinay, we had the same problem using SQL server to store session state. I
    am sure the problem is the same
    Each server has a number in the IIS metabase and all servers need to have
    the same setting:

    You need to sync the application names in the IIS metabase.

    Get ahold of a copy of MetaEdit (search ms site) and make sure
    this # (1751721335) is the same on all servers in this key.
    LM\W3SVC\1751721335\root\

    It does not have to be the number in this example, just make sure they
    are the same on both of your servers.

    1. Syncronize application names in the IIS metabase.
    LM\W3SVC\1751721335\root\
    key name: approot value = /LM/W3SVC/1751721335/Root
    Make the above keys the same on all servers using metaedit.exe

    2. Syncronize encryption keys across all web servers

    a. Generate a key by running
    E:\Source\DOTNET\CPO\HashConfigCs\bin\Debug\HashConfigCs.exe and pass these
    args 24 64

    See this article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312906

    b. Paste output from the above program into the machine.config on each
    machine

    <machineKey
    validationKey="FED661660E09167F30CCFFF4E5DADF3E036FD7712E7B187762FF32B918BC3
    CA8FC1A751F3F7EFAD0A48AAC4DB90DDDD639E82B96632796B416A64ABA1EF29A6F"

    decryptionKey="DCB56D6EC85B79DF7DCD85F45F775B6AB016ABB3BE5C5E2C"
    validation="SHA1"/>

    Hope this helps,
    TPS

    TPS, Aug 11, 2004
  4. TPS,

    Does KBA 312906 only apply to Forms authentication cookies? I know that's
    what the article states, but is this key also used to encrypt other cookies?

    Thanks...sonny

    =?Utf-8?B?c29ubnk=?=, Sep 16, 2004