LostFormatter asp.net1 > asp.net2 no longer works

bb

i use the losformatter to serialise a hashtable and the store in the
database. (i save some urls so they can be reconstructed)

we have moved the project from asp.net1 to asp.net2

now whenever i try and deserialize a token that was saved to the db
before the move to asp.net2 it fails with error 'unable to deserialise'

i am also noticing that the serialised values look completely
different.

does this mean the serialisation/deserialisation method has changed,
and my old data (asp.net1) is now unable to be deserialise via asp.net
2

thanks for any advice

db

bb

the asp.net 1 serialised string looked like ..

aDxNb2RlOzEwMTtNb2R1bGU7NUJCQkJBQTAtRDlBNC00MUVDLTg2MzQtRUJBRDA2NURDNjdCO3R5cGU1QkJCQkFBMF9EOUE0XzQxRUNfODYzNF9FQkFEMDY1REM2N0I7ODtQYWdlO2k8MT47cXVlcnk1QkJCQkFBMF9EOUE0XzQxRUNfODYzNF9FQkFEMDY1REM2N0I7SW5zcGlyaW5nIExlYXJuaW5nIFRocm91Z2ggSUNUO1NlY3VyZTtGYWxzZTs+

the asp.net2 serialised string looks like ..

/wEXBgUpcXVlcnk1QkJCQkFBMF9EOUE0XzQxRUNfODYzNF9FQkFEMDY1REM2N0IFBHloMjQFBlNlY3VyZQUFRmFsc2UFBE1vZGUFAzEwMQUodHlwZTVCQkJCQUEwX0Q5QTRfNDFFQ184NjM0X0VCQUQwNjVEQzY3QgUBMAUEUGFnZQINBQZNb2R1bGUFJDVCQkJCQUEwLUQ5QTQtNDFFQy04NjM0LUVCQUQwNjVEQzY3Qg==