    I am so depressed.

    So, so. ..

    Bye

    A Fan, Oct 21, 2003

  2. A Fan wrote
    > why is this language so popular?
    >
    > It's a programmers worst nightmare.
    >
    > Not even any help available.
    >
    > I am so depressed.
    >
    > So, so. ..
    >
    > Bye

    Yes, it is incredible hard to find any good docs on java.

    Tutorials (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html) are nowhere
    to be found.

    Books are inexistent (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url
    index=books&field-keywords=java&search-type=ss).

    Google is no good either (http://www.google.com/search?q=java).

    Good IDE's with code competion don't exist (www.netbeans.org,
    www.eclipse.org, www.intellij.com/idea/, ...).

    --
    Regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Oct 21, 2003

  3. A Fan wrote:
    > Again, why is this language so popular?

    Because it's good.

    > It's a programmers worst nightmare.

    Obviously, you are not familiar with Malbolge:
    http://www.mines.edu/students/b/bolmstea/malbolge/

    > Not even any help available.

    Then you're not looking. There are literally thousands of books
    and webpages on Java (many of the quite good), an extensive API
    documentation, and hundreds of people in this newsgroup alone who
    would gladly help you with any concrete problem you have, if you
    ask nicely.

    > I am so depressed.

    That might explain your entirely pointless posting.

    Michael Borgwardt, Oct 21, 2003
  4. A Fan

    GaryM Guest

    A Fan <> wrote in

    > Again, why is this language so popular?
    >
    > It's a programmers worst nightmare.
    >
    > Not even any help available.
    >
    > I am so depressed.
    >
    > So, so. ..
    >
    > Bye

    Troll score : 0/10

    Then again you got me.

    GaryM, Oct 21, 2003
  5. A Fan

    Paul Lutus Guest

    A Fan wrote:

    > Again, why is this language so popular?

    Among literate people, people with more than minimal information-absorbing
    abilities, it is very popular.

    > It's a programmers worst nightmare.

    No, it is your worst nightmare. Programmers love it.

    > Not even any help available.

    You mean, someone to hold your hand and tell you what you just did wrong?
    Yes, perhaps. If you mean no quality documentation, no tutorials, no
    helpful Web sites, false.

    > I am so depressed.

    Don't change the subject.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Oct 21, 2003
  6. A Fan

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:01:53 -0500, A Fan <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Not even any help available.

    cough. There a TON of free help available. That is one of the key
    factors that helped Java gain a foothold.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 21, 2003
  7. A Fan

    A Fan Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:01:53 -0500, A Fan <> wrote:

    >Again, why is this language so popular?
    >
    >It's a programmers worst nightmare.
    >
    >Not even any help available.
    >
    >I am so depressed.
    >
    >So, so. ..
    >
    >Bye

    Finally someone answers.
    6 answers so far!
    All retorts about a generality of Java.
    Still no answers to Java questions.
    I see other brains have my troubles
    but are unable to cope with the
    problems at hand.

    I just stay depressed. . .

    A Fan, Oct 22, 2003
  8. This is a sad attempt at trolling. That said, your questions/complaints,
    however weak, were answered pretty thoroughly.

    My advice to you would be to take up vocational carpentry.

    Collin VanDyck, Oct 22, 2003
  9. A Fan wrote:
    > All retorts about a generality of Java.

    Because you *stated* a (plainly false) generality abou Java.

    > Still no answers to Java questions.

    *Which* Java questions?

    > I see other brains have my troubles

    No.