Christophe Vanfleteren

A Fan wrote
why is this language so popular?

It's a programmers worst nightmare.

Not even any help available.

I am so depressed.

So, so. ..

Bye

Yes, it is incredible hard to find any good docs on java.

Tutorials (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html) are nowhere
to be found.

Books are inexistent (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url
index=books&field-keywords=java&search-type=ss).

Google is no good either (http://www.google.com/search?q=java).

Good IDE's with code competion don't exist (www.netbeans.org,
www.eclipse.org, www.intellij.com/idea/, ...).

Michael Borgwardt

A said:
Again, why is this language so popular?

Because it's good.

It's a programmers worst nightmare.

Obviously, you are not familiar with Malbolge:
http://www.mines.edu/students/b/bolmstea/malbolge/

Not even any help available.

Then you're not looking. There are literally thousands of books
and webpages on Java (many of the quite good), an extensive API
documentation, and hundreds of people in this newsgroup alone who
would gladly help you with any concrete problem you have, if you
ask nicely.

I am so depressed.

That might explain your entirely pointless posting.

GaryM

Again, why is this language so popular?

It's a programmers worst nightmare.

Not even any help available.

I am so depressed.

So, so. ..

Bye

Troll score : 0/10

Then again you got me.

Paul Lutus

A said:
Again, why is this language so popular?

Among literate people, people with more than minimal information-absorbing
abilities, it is very popular.
It's a programmers worst nightmare.

No, it is your worst nightmare. Programmers love it.
Not even any help available.

You mean, someone to hold your hand and tell you what you just did wrong?
Yes, perhaps. If you mean no quality documentation, no tutorials, no
helpful Web sites, false.
I am so depressed.

Don't change the subject.

A Fan

Again, why is this language so popular?

It's a programmers worst nightmare.

Not even any help available.

I am so depressed.

So, so. ..

Bye

Finally someone answers.
6 answers so far!
All retorts about a generality of Java.
Still no answers to Java questions.
I see other brains have my troubles
but are unable to cope with the
problems at hand.

I just stay depressed. . .

Collin VanDyck

This is a sad attempt at trolling. That said, your questions/complaints,
however weak, were answered pretty thoroughly.

My advice to you would be to take up vocational carpentry.